Monday, June 22, 2009

life changing

Everyday i spend in S.A is one that changes my life forever. I have only been here 7 short days and i have already transformed as a person and a being of this beautiful planet. Today, on the coast of S.A there was something in the air and the overwhelming atmosphere that enabled me to feel myself changing the moment that it happened. I was standing in the middle of the most lush garden i have ever seen in my short life and all of the sudden time stopped. In that moment i had completely surrendered to the sights, smells, and sounds that were around me. I took in the moment deeper and richer than i have ever experienced. I will forever remember the deep green of the towering mountains, the squeezing of the wind between the leaves and branches and, the smell of the soil as i sunk my toes deeper. As my beautiful friends and myself made our way down the mountain and onto the coast my breathe was taken away with the tide. Never had i smelt an ocean breeze so sweet -igniting every sense as it traveled through my mind. I let the cool air wrap her way around my fingertips, up my arms and down the rest of my body- i was a prisoner of the sea. Without a second passing by i could feel the brisk temperature and the power of the oceans break intriguing me and pulling me in. Never have i ever seen anything more captivating and consuming. The connection my soul has developed with the lands of South Africa is not one that i am going to be able to give up easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment