Saturday, October 10, 2009

Chains

Lately I've been doing a tremendous amount of growing and changing. While growth and change are two things that I'm very used to by now, this time around it has taken its tole on me. I'm happy about the discoveries I've made and the places I've come from however, I'm becoming more and more weary by my past and the chain its keeping on my present. And unfortunately the chain is in the shape of someone i love. One thing i've learned is that when it comes to things that count, honestly really is the best policy…or so i thought. With that said the mistakes I've made with guys in the past are the ones being particularly hard to shake. It seems no matter where i go, what i do, or who i talk to, my ex factor always gets brought up. Anyone who has an ex knows that the last thing you want to be constantly reminded of is them. So this is an especially irritating experience.The thing that got me re thinking my thoughts on where exes stand on the line between the past and present is someone very close in my life. Is that a good thing? definitely No. Collectively God has been answering all my questions, prayers, thoughts, and worries since i came to know him again but when it comes to my past specifically, God has wiped my slate clean, forgiven all of the mistakes i've made and given me peace. So when the two most influential figures in my life are pulling me in opposite directions, how is it NOT hard to become tired, torn, and on the edge of regret? How can i not get caught between evils here on earth and the peace that is my Heavenly Father? In moments of weakness brought on by my chains i forget that there are in fact no chains at all and I'm no longer covered in the muck that a life without christ will give us. I lose sight of the fact that I'm covered in the blood of Jesus Chris our Savior and thats what God sees now. I'm free of all chains and no matter how strong or stubborn the links may be, I am a clean slate in the eyes of the Lord and his are the only thoughts that matter. Now the trick to not going down this road again is going to be REMEMBERING that…

No comments:

Post a Comment