Tuesday, January 26, 2010

tattoos, cats, and weinerschnitzel.

as the year keeps unfolding in front of my wide and eager eyes I am blown away by how truly blessed my life is. 2010 has not only been blessed with happy faces, laughing with friends, growing relationships and success though, I've been blessed with some really awesome lessons from God lately, too. He's challenged me in ways that is equipping me for the future. While i don't always see it in the midst of things, I know that God has a plan. Getting back to my main point though, i am truly humbled by the amazing thing my King has given me. The way I'm particularly referring to today is the relationships i have. There are many people who have made a difference in my life and have a role in the grand scheme of things but there are some friends i can say my life would truly not be the same without. The support system that God has placed within my grasp is nothing short of extraordinary. I have a best friend who has been there by my side since 4th grade. Ever since we were little girls it has seemed as though our life is in exact parallels with each other. From sparkle lip gloss in elementary, our first crushes in junior high, all the ups and downs of finding ourselves in high school and now to college where we find ourselves becoming women who share passions and a irreplaceable bond. I would be lost without the laughs we've shared over the years and all the times we got each other through rivers of tears. Along with my oldest bestie I for some reason have gotten another shot at love and i couldn't be more knocked off my feet by what time has brought into my life. Not only did the coming of a new beau help bring Christ back into my life but there truly is nothing better than finding that someone who will count all your tears, be the reason behind the laughter that consumes your heart and the one to share the little things like cats, blockbuster and weinerschnitzel. The real kicker though, the thing that really takes my breath away and baffles my mind is that the maker of the universe, the one who lightening bolts answer to, the One who tells the oceans where to stop and the one who put all the beauty in the world- He loves ME and nothing in my life would exist without Him. Not only does He watch over my every move and plans my life perfectly but He wants more than anything to have a relationship with me and for me to let Him in my heart. Not to say that my life has been nothing but bunnies and rainbows since I've been walking with the Lord, but even in times of sadness I find His love awesome and overwhelming and more than enough to get me through anything. So as i venture into this new chapter in my life that is scary and quite intimidating i admit, i can't be anything other than excited. I look forward to moving away to a new school with new faces in a new town. I'm scared out of my mind but God has given me the tools to survive: A kick ass bestie, a stud beau, an awesome family helping me reach my goals and tons of friends behind me. I'm a lucky girl and I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment