Wednesday, May 26, 2010

answering the call

womanhood i hear you calling
you don't look the way you sound
and to be quite honest
I'm a little thrown off
by the way you've come around
I know your offer, and heard what you came to say
and to even my surprise, I'm taking your sour bait
but don't be discouraged
when i slip a time or two
because who are we kidding,
this is me your talking to.
womanhood i see your pain,
and i hear your desperate plea
begging me to just let go
of the girl i used to be.
hidden by shame, and covered in doubt
I've let my fear decide, when, why, and how.
womanhood I'll see your dare
and raise you with some truth
I've been hiding from all of the things
that were leading me to you
womanhood i see your offerings
of beauty, strength, and grace
with the Lord, ease me gently
, into this wondrous place.
I'll be quite honest
I'm a little scared
because you've set the pace
by calling out my bluff
and seeing through my poker face.

No comments:

Post a Comment