Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I say a little prayer for you


Ever since i was a little girl there has been a huge part of me that feels an immense amount of compassion, care, and heartache for our furry friends whom we share this planet with. There was never a time when i would pass a lost soul on the side of the road when i didn't either cry, or say a prayer, followed by a concerned call to animal control. Well tonight, something came over me and my love for animals could not be stopped by any force. I was driving down Mcbean with a very good friend of mine when i was shattered by the sight of two struck raccoons in the middle of the busy street. The familiar feeling of panic, anxiety, and anger flood through me in an instant and i knew something had to be done. My mind shivered as i saw my hearts one and only concern quivering in the black night struggling for a life line. Needless to say, i was in a state of horror. At that very moment there was nothing i could do without looking like a complete lunatic to my friend so i went on with my night with a torturing feeling growing in my gut. Not that i didn't enjoy my friends company but my heart was still in the middle of the street on Mcbean pkwy. Finally, i was home, shovel ready in hand to go give my furry friends a proper burial when my beau calls me to tell me he's at my front door.With the poor raccoons fresh in my mind i immediately told kory about what i was about to do and to my surprise he was completely supportive! We headed out, rubber gloves, flashlight, and shovel ready to go! and no we didn't forget our candle to leave on the road where our friends had past. i don't want to get into the gory details because thats just not very respectful towards the dead. nevertheless one of the coons had not fully past away yet and while kory and i were waiting for the street to clear, some MORON decides he can't swerve and proceeds with no caution. This is the moment i lost it. my emotions came over me and all i could feel was rage and heartache for the poor baby in the street. In this moment kory, came to my rescue. Kory went out in the middle of the street and brought the two raccoons to rest off the road. I have never been more impressed or moved by anyone in my entire life. In those long treacherous moments, tears streaming down my face, sobbing so loud I'm sure all the neighbors woke up, i was overcome with a sense of peace. He was truly coming to my rescue and doing what i couldn't in my moment of weakness. After the hard part was over we covered our two friends in blankets on the side of the rode, lit a candle, and said a prayer. (and of course i had already called animal control 3 times by now and to my surprise, the man who came for them was extremely nice and genuinely concerned). While i wish nothing like this ever happened it was truly and amazing experience for both kory and i. Not only did it bring us closer by me being able to share with him first hand my greatest passion in life, but i couldn't ask for a more clear signal from God about what i am supposed to do with my career and life. We are all creatures of the earth, and while i know the food chain can be a gruesome process for some animals, reckless driving and motor vehicles are NOT part of this!!! please say a prayer for our animal friends, i hope my example tonight inspires others and lets you know, that a little really goes a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment