Tuesday, June 9, 2009

my cara girl


well, Thursday will be my last official day as a mommy to my baby girl Cara- Which some may know is one of the three dogs i rescued. I've already said my goodbyes to Dodger and Tucker which surprisingly wasn't that hard. They both have amazing homes with people who truly deserve them. I went into this rescue expecting to save the lives of three beautiful, loving labs. Little did i know, they would be saving me. I have gone through more emotions over these three precious dogs in the past 2 months than i have in the past 3 years of my life. While the two boys-Dodger and Tucker- were very easy to detach from as they went to their new homes, I'm finding it extremely hard to say goodbye to my Cara girl. While some might think its crazy to love a dog this much, i truly love this girl with such a huge part of my heart that parting with her actually hurts. I worry about her at night, miss her all day long, and want to give her everything in the world. Being that i live at home still, its impossible for me to take my cara into my own home, and let me tell you it breaks my heart. I like to pretend that i didn't play favorites when it came to these three, but if im being honest, i most definitely did. There is just something about Cara that i connect to and bond with. Even though to some she may be "just a dog" she is much MUCH more. She has taught me about love, patience, togetherness, and so much more. Having her (and the two boys) in my life has been such a blessing and a truly life changing experience. Until i know she's safe and sound in her new home i know my heart will be with her. It's tough being a mom and having to say goodbye to the thing that gives you all your happiness. If there is one thing my heart desires, it is for her to know i love her wholly.

No comments:

Post a Comment